Monday, May 17, 2010

Is It normal for tulip bulbs to start coming up now - it's the end of February I live in the Rocky mountain

Yes. The daffodils and other bulb flowers come in the spring. That is why bulbs need to be planted in the fall.





Once they are planted they will keep coming up as long a you don't pull them up.





You let them ,what is called dead head. That means let the leafs die and then cut them off.





Every few years you can dig them up, split them and replant. Do this in the fall.





I'm no expert but I do as my grandmother taught me.





Your tulips are probably on the south side of the house, which is the warmest spot and they are hearty and can survive even if it snows on them.





In the Rockies, march will get into the 50' and 60's and possibly some unseasonably warmer days.





I do love the tulips and daffodils.


No comments:

Post a Comment