Monday, May 17, 2010

I have a potted tulip inside when do I plant outside? Do I keep watering when plant wilts?

Plant is wilting. Do I keep watering it in pot or let it dry out. The temperature is 40 here so too early to plant. Or do I wait until Sept. to plant outside

I have a potted tulip inside when do I plant outside? Do I keep watering when plant wilts?
If it has not gone through the cool-down and freezing cycle it is way to late to put outside. Let it bloom and do it's natural course of die-back. Do Not Water It.


Purchase the new Zip-Lock bags for Vegetables. In Mid June place it in such a bag with both bone meal (a tsp.) and enough sphagnum moss and soil from the pot to surround the bulb. Let it dry for two/three weeks. At that point mist the moss, mist - not- soak the moss for the remainder of time.


On Halloween if you are in the south, Columbus Day if you are in the north, plant the bulb in a full sun location with all of the bags contents (minus the bag). Make sure the pointy side is down. Next year, with god's help, do it again.
Reply:Very good answer. I received a potted tulip for Valentine's %26amp; this was very useful to me. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment