Monday, May 17, 2010

I want to save my tulip bulbs for next year but they are sprouting. Do I remove the sprout and store?

I live in Louisiana so I think the ground is too warm for the tulips to survive. I dug up the bulbs and want to store them for next year. Some of them are already sprouting do I remove the sprouts and what is the best way to store them? Any sugguestions?

I want to save my tulip bulbs for next year but they are sprouting. Do I remove the sprout and store?
leave them in the ground. u don't need to pull up the bulbs at all...ever. we have had tulips in the ground for about 5-6 years and we haven't pulled ne out to store 'em. the only time that u should do that is when u want to place them in a different, perhaps more benefitting ground.
Reply:They should do just fine in the ground,thats where i leave mine year after year


No comments:

Post a Comment